|Good storage and distribution practices for pharmaceutical products in hospitals|
10 October 2019
The correct storage and distribution, and the continuous improvement of processes involved in the supply chain from acquisition to administration or use of pharmaceutical products in hospitals, have a direct economic impact and improves quality assurance in patients care.
Theory – of good storage and distribution practices for pharmaceutical products in hospitals
Practice – explanation of the basic and necessary elements to improve pharmaceutical logistics in a department or health area.
Innovation – the information and automation technologies applied to the logistics operation of medicines, apart from positively impact on the efficiency and security of this operation, free hospital pharmacists from these activities and, as a consequence, pharmacists could focus their attention into clinical areas such as optimizing the clinical use of the medication.
The incorporation of clinical and business intelligence allows the conversion into knowledge of the huge quantity of data that is generated. In this way, it is possible to optimize the totality of the pharmacotherapeutic process, either from the operational point of view or the clinical one, contributing significantly in the improvement in health outcome and economic sustainability of the health system. Deep Learning and Neuronals Netz are also going to be presented.
1. Understand variables that affect the stability of pharmaceutical products.
2. Understand storage and distribution processes.
3. Evaluate good storage and distribution practices that improves quality processes.
4. Highlight new technologies that benefit good practices for pharmaceutical products.
· Define variables that affect the stability of pharmaceutical products.
· Define storage and distribution processes for pharmaceutical products.
· Provide examples of good practices.
· Present new technologies that benefit good practices of storage and distribution.
Hospital Pharmacist Specialist
Hospital Italiano in Buenos Aires
Fulgencio Collado Wittig
Project and Operation Department